The employees who are facing harassments at workplace but refraining from registering complaints fearing the consequences, the solution is just a click away. ‘Vegu’, a mobile app developed by the Mihir Solution, through which employees-both men and women-can register their grievances, keeping their identity confidential.
The application which can be downloaded from the Google play store is meant for the employees and employers. The application can be used for reporting sexual harassment, corruption, threats, physical abuse, intimidation, blackmail and vulgarity at workplace. However, the employees can access the app only after their employer register themselves with the app developer, said Jani Nemana, CEO of Mihir Mobile Solutions.
The application does not need any hardware or software installation, it is a cloud based solution. “Mihir Solution has developed an application ‘EyeSkool’ that helps prevent potential mass violence at schools, colleges or universities in the USA to report suspicious behaviour. We wanted to do the same in India and through ‘Vegu’. We have done it for employees in the corporate sector,” said Jani Nemana.
“People get nervous to lodge complaints due to fear or possible adverse consequences from the management side. In many cases, the victims do not want to be identified, but want the problem be solved. This app caters to the both,” he explains, adding that the employees will get their pleas addressed and the management will be aware of the problems their staff are facing.
It all happened when PhD scholar N Sridevi from Andhra University and Jani Nemana got into a discussion, leading them to think about an app for the people at workplace. “When I knew about the ‘Eyeskool’ I asked him why don’t we do something in India for the professionals in corporate sector,” said Sridevi.
How it works
- Download the app from the Google play store
- For this the management has to register itself with the app in the website www.veguindia.com
- After registration, all employees can access the app and lodge complaint anonymously
- The complaints will be redirected to HR department of the company and Internal Complaints Committee
- The company has to strike a deal with the app developers
- For registration the company has to pay while the staff can access it free of cost