Nearly 100 terrorists are being prepped to cross the Line of Control (LoC) and launch attacks in India. According to a report in NDTV, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was informed on Wednesday with a report by NSA Ajit Doval, detailing the terrorists’ plans to infiltrate into India.
The NSA had briefed the PM and the Home Minister on the information, collected from intelligence agencies, prior to the meeting of the CCS. The CCS, which met for the second time since the Army launched surgical strikes across the LoC, was told that after India's action, the Pakistani infantry is protecting launch pads near the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir. Locations of nearly a dozen more launch pads have been identified, said the report.
On September 29, India launched surgical strikes across the LoC, killing 38 terrorists who were planning conduct attacks in India. This was retaliation for the deadly terror attack on an army camp in Uri last month in which 19 soldiers were killed. Pakistan has denied that any such strikes took place, calling it Indian propaganda. On the other hand, Opposition parties as well as Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal have called on the government to provide proof of the strikes.
Footage of the strikes-filmed in part by drones - was submitted last week to PM Modi, said the report. Intelligence agencies and the military are concerned that before winter sets in, covering the passes into India with snow, Pakistan will send across a large number of terrorists to launch fresh attacks against the Indian army, and also to re-instigate unrest in the Kashmir Valley.